Can My Child Draw Disability Benefits Off Of The Money I Paid In To Social Security?


Yes, in narrow circumstances, your child may be able to draw benefits off of money you paid into the Social Security program through Disabled Adult Child (DAC) benefits.

To draw DAC benefits, the child must establish that they have been disabled since on or before age 22.

Additionally, the parent must themselves either die, become disabled or become eligible for retirement benefits.

Because these are such narrow circumstances, these benefits often get overlook by claimants. However, for claimants with certain conditions they can be very important.

We often see these claims used in instances of congenital birth defects, severe learning disorders, Down syndrome, severe autism, etc.

If you have a minor child and you can already tell that there is going to be a major obstacle for your child to work when they become an adult, you should consider this program as part of your planning process.

Call (901) 209-5500 or contact us onlinetoday to discuss your case with an experienced employment law attorney.

Every Client is a Cause We Believe In

To discuss your case with an accomplished attorney who cares, give our firm a call at (901) 209-5500 or fill out the form below.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.