Memphis Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Car Wreck? Call Donati Law: (901) 209-5500
No matter what the cause of a car accident may be, the consequences can be stress-inducing and worrisome. You may also be suffering from additional stresses, such as mounting medical expenses, physical therapy costs, emotional damages, and more. But you don't have to face this alone. You may be able to file a lawsuit against an at-fault driver in order to recover monetary compensation for your personal injury, emotional distress, and more. Learn more about your rights and how to file a car accident claim by calling our firm.
At Donati Law, PLLC, our Memphis car accident attorneys have the skills and knowledge it takes to fight for the rights of those in need of a voice.
Contact Donati Law online or call (901) 209-5500 today to discuss your case with a Memphis car accident lawyer! We are ready to take your call. Se habla Español.
Our Team of Memphis Accident Attorneys Is:
- Backed by 150+ years of collective experience
- Dedicated to promoting professionalism & quality in the legal community
- Included in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms”
- Passionate about personalized, attentive legal counsel
What is the Deadline to File a Car Crash Claim in Tennessee?
You have a set number of days to file a lawsuit according to the statute of limitations. In the event that you pass the statute of limitations for that accident, you will no longer be able to recover for your injuries.
Tennessee's statute of limitations for car accidents falls within the personal injury statute of limitations, which is one year from the date of the accident. If you do not file your claim for compensation within one year of the crash, you forfeit your right to compensation.
Nonetheless, some insurance companies have even shorter timelines for filing a claim, so we always recommend starting the legal process as soon as possible after your accident.
Car Accident Compensation We Could Recover for You
If you were harmed in a car accident and believe another person is at fault for the wreck, then we urge you to contact a Memphis car wreck attorney from our accident law firm.
When you entrust us with your case, we may be able to pursue the following compensation for your car accident injuries:
- Costs of doctor visits and medical treatments
- Chiropractor costs
- Physical therapy expenses
- Emotional damages
- Lost wages
Proving Fault in a Memphis Car Accident Claim
To pursue monetary compensation, a car accident victim must prove the following three elements of a vehicle accident claim:
- The other driver had a duty of care: Each motorist has a duty to drive in a safe manner in order to prevent others from suffering avoidable injuries and property damages.
- The other driver breached his or her duty of care: A victim must be able to prove that the at-fault driver breached his or her duty to drive in a safe manner, causing a car accident to occur. All types of breaches, including the violation of traffic laws, failure to abide by signals or signs, and others can lead others to suffer injuries in the course of an accident. Egregious breaches, such as drunk or reckless driving, can cause catastrophic and fatal injuries.
- Causation: A victim will need to prove that the at-fault driver’s breach of duty is what caused him or her to suffer injuries.
Because there are many legal complexities involved with filing car accident claims, accident victims should retain legal representation immediately after a collision occurs. A skilled Memphis car accident lawyer can gather all of the necessary evidence, information, and documents needed to pursue financial compensation on behalf of a victim.
Contact Donati Law online or call (901) 209-5500 to get started on your Memphis car accident case with our attorney.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Our team has handled car accident claims caused by a wide range of negligent actions. When we investigate car accidents, our Memphis car accident attorney can review your case to determine whether the accident was caused by the other driver's negligence, a defect in the vehicle, or by dangerous road conditions.
Some of the most causes of car wrecks in Tennessee include:
- Impaired or drunk driving
- Distracted driving, such as texting
- Drowsy driving
- Defective or faulty auto parts
- Reckless or aggressive driving
Rear-End & Distracted Driver Accident Claims
Often, a cell phone is to blame for a rear-end accident, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only cause.
Distracted driving occurs whenever a driver is engaged in another activity besides driving; but texting or using the phone while driving is still one of the most dangerous forms of distraction.
Moving at 55 miles per hour, a vehicle can travel the length of a football field in the time it takes to send a single text.
It is critical that you receive adequate compensation if you've been hit by a distracted driver. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be facing an extensive recovery and mounting medical bills as you heal enough to return to your daily life. In severe cases, some injuries could even affect you for the rest of your life.
At Donati Law, PLLC, we understand the challenges you’ll face in your rear-end accident claim. Our highly experienced Memphis car accident attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and ensure that you have fierce legal representation in your case. We can go over your legal options with you and help you build a strong case, as well as handle all aspects of your claim after being rear-ended by a distracted driver in Memphis.
Contact a Memphis Car Accident Attorney For a Consultation
Because there are often a number of factors that play into the cause of a car crash, each case must be handled on a case-by-case basis. Whether your car wreck was caused by aggressive driving, drunk or distracted driving, dangerous roadways, or improper vehicle maintenance, our Memphis car accident lawyers can help. We have decades of experience and know how to fight for you!
- Who Is Liable for Rear-End Car Accidents?
- 5 Things to Do to Ensure Your Car is Safe to Drive
- What Do The Top 10 Causes of Distracted Driving Have In Common?
- Do You Need Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
- The Importance of Having Sufficient Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Call Donati Law, PLLC at (901) 209-5500 to speak with a car accident attorney in Memphis. We have what it takes to get results for you and your family! Our services are available in English and Spanish.