Memphis Truck Accident Attorney
Get in Touch with Our Legal Team: (901) 209-5500
Each year, thousands of persons sustain serious and fatal injuries as a result of accidents involving big rig trucks. In fact, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in 2012, 4,183 people sustained fatal injuries in truck and bus accidents, many of which were completely preventable and occurred when truck drivers acted recklessly, carelessly, or negligently while behind the wheel.
At Donati Law, PLLC, our Memphis truck accident lawyers comprehend that these types of collisions can affect an entire family. That is why we are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those in need of a relentless legal voice.
Donati Law, PLLC Is a Legal Team That:
- Has gained inclusion in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms”
- Is passionate about delivering professional and quality legal representation
- Is equipped with more than a century of combined legal experience
- Is dedicated to personalized legal strategies in every case
Speak with a truck accident lawyer in Memphis, TN – call Donati Law, PLLC right away!
Common Causes of Collisions Involving Big Rig Trucks
Due to the sheer size and weight of big rig trucks, the result of a collision involving such a vehicle can be disastrous and, in the worst case, fatal. At Donati Law, PLLC, we find that many truck accidents occur due to the following:
- Failure to comply with signals or signs: Everyone has a duty to obey the laws of the road, including truck drivers. Failing to obey these signs and signals in most states is illegal so drivers may be charged with fines if caught disobeying traffic signs and signals. Furthermore, when truck drivers choose to blatantly heed these regulations and warnings they put themselves and other motorists at risk of being involved in a crash.
- Impatient driving: Anyone who drives regularly sees impatient drivers on the road. Common examples include tailgating to "push" other drivers out of the way or quickly changing lanes or speeding up to pass other drivers on the road. While these actions may save truckers a few minutes in the scope of their travel time, impatient truck drivers can be a great danger to other motorists and pedestrians on the road.
- Distracted driving: Driving an 80,000 lb truck is a task that requires special licensing and a driver's full attention to be done safely. Distracted driving is as much of an issue in the trucking industry as it is on your local roads. Texting while driving, eating, adjusting a radio, or engaging in any other task that diverts a trucker's attention away from the roadway can often lead to devastating collisions.
- Alcohol and drug intoxication: To many people's surprise, trucking is an occupation with a high rate of alcohol and drug abuse due to the associated stress of the job and need to stay awake while driving. According to a recent study, 30% of truck drivers admitted to taking amphetamines on the job, 20% used marijuana, and 3% used cocaine. These drugs keep drivers awake unnaturally but can also compel them to take more risky maneuvers behind the wheel.
- Speeding: Sometimes it is not possible for a trucker to reach their destination in the time allotted by their employer, but they might try anyway. Speeding trucks can be more difficult to control and require greater distances to come to a complete stop, putting nearby passenger vehicles at risk.
- Driver fatigue: Truck driving is a high-pressure, high-stress occupation that often requires drivers to deliver goods within a set period of time. This leads to long periods of driving with little or no rest. While there are laws and regulations that dictate how many hours a truck driver can drive per shift, many companies do not follow these rules, leading to devastating collisions.
Donati Law, PLLC Can Fight for Your Rights
Our legal team at Donati Law, PLLC understands that any type of vehicle accident can leave an entire family worried about a victim’s health, medical expenses, lost wages, and more. For this reason, our Memphis truck accident lawyers are prepared to form only the strongest legal strategies in order to pursue maximum personal injury compensation for the victim and his or her family. When you choose to work with our team, you will never feel alone. We will provide top-tier legal solution and compassionate representation from beginning to end.