Disability Discrimination Lawyer in Memphis
Helping Workers Understand Their Rights
Donati Law, PLLC fights hard for its clients to guarantee workplace rights for individuals living with disabilities. Many laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the ADA Amendment Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and other state laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability for qualified individuals by private and public employers. These laws also require employers to engage in an interactive process with employees to make reasonable accommodations that allow an employee to perform the essential functions necessary for the job.
The anti-discrimination provisions of these laws:
- Protect employees from adverse actions by their employers
- Prohibit the harassment of employees on the basis of their disabilities
To arrange for an initial consultation, call (901) 209-5500 today.
What Is a Disability?
The term "disability" includes both physical and mental impairments that substantially limit activities as well as situations in which an employer regards an employee as having such an impairment.
If you believe that you are being treated differently in your employment because of a disability, or if your employer refuses to make a simple accommodation that would allow you to perform your job, speak with our Memphis employment law attorneys Donati Law, PLLC so that we may assist you in protecting your rights.
Signs of Disability Discrimination in the Workplace:
- They try to intimidate you
- Jokes are made about your disability
- They don't make accommodations for you to perform your job
- They treat you different
Lack of opportunity
- You are prevented from receiving raises or promotions
For Passionate Legal Representation, Contact Donati Law, PLLC.
For more than 35 years, our reputable law firm has been working hard to protect the rights of workers, particularly those who have discriminated against due to a disability. We can protect your rights and help you resolve your employment law issue in the most effective and timely manner possible. Should you choose to be represented by our law firm, you can feel confident in knowing you will be passionately represented, inside and outside of court.
- CAN MY EMPLOYER DENY DISABILITY LEAVE
- ATTORNEY ROBERT DONATI REVIEWS TENNESSEE'S DDS SCAMS IN NEW ARTICLE
- CAN MY ADULT SON WITH SEVERE AUTISM RECEIVE SSI AND DISABLED ADULT CHILD BENEFITS AT THE SAME TIME?
Give us a call today about how we can assist you with your legal needs.