Gender Discrimination Lawyer in Memphis
Offering High-Quality Legal Representation
Federal and Tennessee state laws prohibit discrimination based on an employee's gender. These laws apply equally to males and females. At Donati Law, PLLC, we have assisted countless individuals who have been discriminated against because of their gender. Since 1980, our firm has become known for delivering high-quality legal representation. We passionately believe that no one should have to be a victim of gender discrimination, especially in the workplace.
Gender discrimination can come in various forms, including discrimination in:
How to tell if you are the victim of gender discrimination:
- Female and males that hold the same position are given different responsibilities based on their sex
- Males and females who hold the same position receive different pay
- Different interview questions based on the gender of the candidate
- Instances of sexual harassment occur
Gender Discrimination in the Workplace Statistics
- 42% of women have faced gender discrimination at work
- Women earn around 20% less than men
- 23% of women are considered incompetent due to their gender
- 53% of LGBTQ people hear offensive jokes at work
- Women of color make up nearly 50% of the minimum wage labor force
- 51% of HR managers tend to be unintentionally gender-biased
To arrange an initial consultation, call (901) 209-5500.
Standing Up for the Rights of Workers
Pregnancy discrimination and sexual harassment are two common forms of discrimination. At Donati Law, PLLC, our Memphis employment law attorneys have seen improvements in the frequency and severity of gender discrimination, but, amazingly, employers at both large and small businesses still offer different pay scales on the basis of an employee's sex. We also frequently see a valued employee become a non-performer in the eyes of her employer after she informs them that she is pregnant. Our team stands up for the rights of workers.
Dealing with Discrimination? Donati Law, PLLC Is Here for You.
If you feel that you are subjected to discrimination on the basis of your sex in any of these areas, contact Donati Law, PLLC immediately so we can assist you in developing a plan to address these inequities. If you have already been terminated, contact us so that we can ensure that you are made whole for this illegal action. Let us put our more than 150 years of combined experience to work for you.
Give us a call as soon as possible to learn more about how we can help you.